(Update: This tutorial only suitable for installing Ghost 0.11.x. The better way for install Ghost 1.0.x is using Docker module)
Here are steps how to install Ghost with Node.js Extension and Phusion Passenger in Plesk Panel:
1. Make sure Phusion Passenger is active
To check, follow this steps:
- Tools and Settings > Apache Web Server, if it has installed, Passenger will present in checklist and make sure it has been checked.
- And if it's not present in checklist, go to menu Update and Upgrade (Note: if browser can't open, change hostname with IP Address).
- Login with root account and choose Phusion Passenger in list. Plesk will install automatically.
Phusion Passenger suitable with both Apache or Nginx. If you prefer to use Nginx, you can choose from PHP Settings.
2. Install Node.js Extension
Now open menu Extensions in Plesk sidebar and choose Node.js from catalogue. Then install it.
3. Install Ghost from NodeJS Extension in Plesk
- Download Ghost version 0.11.12 and upload to plesk panel via File Manager, or use SSH to download with command:
curl -LOk https://github.com/TryGhost/Ghost/releases/download/0.11.12/Ghost-0.11.12.zip
- Click Enable Node.js:
- Choose Node.js version: 6.9.1 (as for my experience, Node.js version 7.4 does not support for Ghost 0.11.8).
- Insert parameter, document root, application mode (production), application URL, application root (directory where ghost downloaded from previous step), application root.
- Type index.js inside Application Startup File option.
- The important step is we should install modul with NPM. To do that, click NPM Install from top menu after we enabled Node.js. And wait for a moment, Plesk will install components required.
- Finish. Now you can open browser and your Ghost is running.