Nextcloud is like dropbox, open source, and competitor of owncloud. Based on fact, Nextcloud founded by co-founder Owncloud.
Installing Nextcloud in Plesk Onyx is very easy, just like we install Wordpress or others.
- Create domain or subdomain in Plesk.
- For easy installation choose Apache instead of Nginx.
- From PHP Manager choose PHP 7.0, or PHP 5.6.
- Download Nextcloud latest stable version from
Official Nextcloud site.
- Extract from file manager or from shell command line.
- Create database from Database Menu in client interface.
- Open browser and type the address of your domain or subdomain, ex. http://nextcloud.xxxxxx.com
- Follow installation wizard: insert username and password, and database credential we created before.
- For security reason, install Lets Encrypt SSL from Plesk menu to secure Nextcloud.
- Finish and now you have your own cloud file server.